The Lebanon Police Department would like to remind its residents and visitors of the upcoming Winter Parking Ban that will begin on Saturday, December 1st and continue through April 1st between the hours of 12:00 am and 6:00 am.
City of Lebanon Code 168-06 “Winter Parking” prohibits the parking of vehicles during the above date and times on any street in the City of Lebanon. Per the ordinance:
- No person shall between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 6:00 AM from the first day of December to the first day of April:
- Park any motor vehicle on any street or sidewalk within the City of Lebanon except any emergency vehicles.
- Park any motor vehicle in the Hough Square parking lot, so-called.
- The Chief of Police may, when deemed necessary because of weather conditions, suspend enforcement of this section upon giving notification of said suspension to the City Manager.
- No person shall between the hours of 1:00 AM and 6:00 AM on the mornings of Monday, Wednesday and Friday from the first day of December to the first day of April:
- Park any motor vehicle in Lot A (the parking lot adjacent to Hanover Street and the Mall) and Lot C (the parking lot off Flynn Street in the rear of City Hall) so-called.
- No person shall between the hours of 1:00 AM and 6:00 AM on the mornings of Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from the first day of December to the first day of April:
- Park any motor vehicle in Lot B (the parking lot adjacent to the Mascoma River, railroad track area and Carter-Witherell Center playground) so-called.
Additional rules to follow include:
- We also ask that you do not park on, or obstruct the sidewalks; parking on the sidewalks is always prohibited.
- Please do not obstruct or block the sidewalks, this forces walkers to walk out into traffic and prevents the sidewalk tractors from plowing the sidewalks; No one is grandfathered when it comes to blocking or parking on a sidewalk.
- Cars and trash bins blocking the sidewalks cause undue safety hazards for both the plow operators and the citizens attempting to use them.
- During a winter storm if you see a plow truck coming off a side street, please allow room for the plow to operate. Most times the plow will be backing up to re-enter the street it just left.
Questions regarding the winter parking ban can be directed to the Public Works Department at 603-448-3112.
Winter Parking Ban Map
Authorized by: Chief Richard R. Mello